Annual Awards: Poppy’s story
I first heard Nicola Benedetti play when I was four or five, and immediately wanted to play the violin just like her. AYM’s funding came at a really crucial time…Read more
We aim to provide bespoke support that matches the aspirations and needs of the individual young musician. We consider a wide variety of musical costs and take a broad view of what a musical cost is. There are a number of things to bear in mind when deciding what to apply for help with and a few things that we cannot fund, so please read this guidance carefully.
We like to support musical costs that are key to the young person's musical development. So, think carefully about what they most need at this point in their musical journey. What is holding them back from progressing or achieving their full potential? What opportunities are at risk of stopping without financial input?
For example, a young musician may need support with one of the following:
AYM are not able support any of the following:
There are some costs, such as paying for residential courses during school holidays, or ensemble/orchestra fees, which AYM will only fund if:
To be eligible for a 2020 Award from AYM young musicians should:
If you think the young person meets the eligibility criteria please do the following:
1. Register for an account or log back into your existing account on the application portal.
2. Complete an eligibility questionnaire. This can be completed on a computer, mobile phone, tablet or any other device.
After successfully passing the eligibility stage, you'll be asked to:
1. Answer a number of application questions about the young person's music making
2. Submit an audition video or composition.
3. Request recommendations from the young person's instrumental teacher(s), school and an optional additional musical recommendation.
AYM will provide an offline version of the application form upon request, should completing an online form be a barrier to applying.
If you have a specific question about applying for an Award please complete the query form below.