Annual Awards: Poppy’s story
I first heard Nicola Benedetti play when I was four or five, and immediately wanted to play the violin just like her. AYM’s funding came at a really crucial time…Read more
The online application portal for AYM’s Awards programme will open in January 2020.
The application deadline will be Monday 27 April 2020 with Awards announced in June/July 2020.
Revised application guidelines will be published in January 2020. The information below can be used as a guide in the meantime. If you have any questions please give us a call on 0300 302 0023 or complete the Awards enquiry form at the bottom of this page. Please note that the AYM office will be closed from Friday 20 December to 6 January 2020.
Making an application
If you think the young person meets the eligibility criteria please do following, once we open for applications in January 2020.
1. Register for an account or log back into your existing account on our application portal. (We'll provide a link in January).
2. Complete an eligibility questionnaire. This can be completed on a computer, mobile phone, tablet or any other device.
After successfully passing the eligibility stage, you'll be asked to:
1. Answer a number of application questions about the young person's music making
2. Send us a a short audition video
3. Request recommendations from the young person's instrumental teacher(s), school and an optional additional musical recommendation
AYM will provide an offline version of the application form upon request, should completing an online form be a barrier to applying.
If you have a specific question about applying for an Award please complete the query form below.